ATO Crackdown! It may be easy to do your tax return online but if you aren’t aware of major 2018 tax changes it may be challenging especially for tradies, sole traders, individuals with rental investment properties and small businesses – For example, do you know about:
- new developments affecting travel allowance expense deductions for individual tax returns?
- major restrictions on claims for residential rental properties?
- the ATO’s NEW landmark ruling for claiming travel deductions?
- ATO targeting properties rented through Airbnb and similar sites?
Major changes affect virtually all business clients including:
- retrospective changes to the small business CGT concessions
- new ruling confirming the tax impact for family trusts allowing non-family members to use trust assets
- new ATO reporting requirements for SMSFs paying pensions in 2018
- the introduction of single touch payroll from 1 July 2018
Don’t risk making a mistake with your 2018 tax return. Plan for tax time. TBC is a CPA Practice. Our degree qualified Accountants are up to date and you can rely on our professional knowledge and over 20+ years of experience to interpret how tax law relates to your circumstances.
Call now for a Tax Planning Appointment 07 3245 1466.